Login Register

PICTURE: News crews reporting from Wrotham, Kent home of Peaches Geldof

By Kent and Sussex Courier  |  Posted: April 08, 2014

News crews outside Peaches Geldof home in Wrotham this morning

Comments (0)

NEWS crews were gathered outside the house of Peaches Geldof in Wrotham, Kent, this morning following the shock death of the 25-year-old yesterday.

Radio Kent was broadcasting from Borough Green and had its satellite van parked in the High Street.

It has been reported today that Kent Police say they found no evidence of hard drugs, a suicide note or any visible signs of injury following the death of the 25-year-old.

But the force has not confirmed this.

Police are treating the death as a “sudden and unexplained death”. Her mother, Paula Yates, died of a fatal heroin overdose 14 years ago, aged 41.

The last tweet from her Twitter account, at 10.17am yesterday, was a photograph of Peaches and her mother.

Robin Betts, who runs Winterdale Cheese Barn on nearby Platt House Lane, said he was shocked by the news.

“We saw the police cars go down there earlier – it’s quite a shock. We used to see her out and about with the children but she’s not been here long – maybe six months. They kept themselves to themselves really. It’s very sad – not something you want to hear at all.”

Peaches lived her life in the public eye and was often seen at celebrity parties in her late teens and early twenties. She admitted experimenting with drugs previously but insisted those days were behind her as she embraced motherhood.

The mother-of-two had been living in her idyllic Wrotham home since the end of 2013. Her home was bought in October for £975,000 and the daughter of Bob Geldof moved in shortly after with her husband, Thomas Cohen, and sons Astala and Phaedra.

Mr Cohen said: “My beloved wife Peaches was adored by myself and her two sons Astala and Phaedra and I shall bring them up with their mother in their hearts everyday. We shall love her forever. Thomas, Astala and Phaedra Geldof-Cohen.”

Last night, a private ambulance arrived at the house at 8.30pm before taking her body away an hour later.

A coroner will carry out a post-mortem examination in the coming days to establish the cause of her death.

Read more from Kent and Sussex Courier

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters